World

US military plane crashed in the Mediterranean during training

Nov 12, 2023

Washington [US], November 12: The US military's European Command (EUCOM) said on November 11 that a US military aircraft crashed after encountering a problem during training in the eastern Mediterranean.
In a statement, EUCOM said the incident took place on the evening of November 10 (local time) but did not provide information about the fate of the crew, according to AFP. EUCOM is in charge of US military operations in Europe as well as parts of Asia, the Middle East, the Arctic and the Atlantic.
The statement did not mention the type of aircraft or where it took off, but the US has deployed an aircraft carrier strike group to the eastern Mediterranean in an effort to prevent the Hamas-Israel conflict from escalating into a full-scale war. larger tissue in the area.
"We can say with certainty that this flight was purely training-related and there were no indications of hostile activity," the statement said. EUCOM also said the cause of the incident is being investigated.
"Out of respect for the affected families, we will not be releasing further information about the personnel involved at this time," the statement said.
The US has provided military support to Israel and strengthened its forces in the region since Hamas attacked Israel on October 7 and the country retaliated with a campaign of attacks on the Gaza Strip that has lasted until now.
The aircraft carrier USS Gerald R. Ford and other US warships were deployed to the eastern Mediterranean within days of the outbreak of hostilities. Meanwhile, the USS Dwight D. Eisenhower aircraft carrier strike group was dispatched to the Persian Gulf, instead of to the eastern Mediterranean as originally planned.
Last week, two US aircraft carriers, with the participation of about 11,000 US military personnel, launched aircraft and practiced missile defense during a three-day exercise in the area.
In addition to naval ships, the US has also dispatched a series of ground defense forces to the Middle East to protect US forces in the region as well as prevent the war from spreading.
According to the Pentagon, since mid-October, groups linked to Iran have continuously attacked US bases in Iraq and Syria, injuring more than 50 US soldiers.
Source: Thanh Nien Newspaper

More news

Medanta Gurugram Becomes the Only Indian Private Hospital in Newsweek's Top 150 'World's Best Hospitals' List for the Sixth Consecutive Year

Gurugram (Haryana) [India], April 3: Medanta - The Medicity, Gurugram, operated by Global Health Limited (https://www.medanta.org/), has once again been ranked as India's best private hospital in Newsweek's prestigious 'World's Best Hospitals 2025' rankings, conducted in partnership with Statista Inc. Notably, Medanta remains the only private hospital from India to be featured among the world's top 250 medical institutions and has been ranked within the top 150 globally. This marks the sixth consecutive year of its inclusion, reinforcing its status as a global leader in healthcare excellence. This achievement further underscores Medanta's unwavering commitment to delivering world-class healthcare and maintaining the highest standards in patient care and medical innovation.

Apr 03, 2025