World

Israel sent fighter jets to attack Hezbollah forces in Lebanon

Nov 13, 2023

Tel Aviv [Israel], November 13: Israel attacked Hezbollah targets in Lebanon in response to this force's attacks, amid fears of the Hamas-Israel conflict spreading.
CNN on November 13 reported that the Israel Defense Forces (IDF) said it had sent fighters to attack a number of targets belonging to the Hezbollah force in Lebanon, in response to this force's attacks on the southern border. north.
"IDF Air Force fighter jets attacked a number of targets of the terrorist organization Hezbollah on Lebanese territory, in response to a previous attack on the same day," according to an IDF statement. released on November 12.
According to the IDF, Hezbollah's military infrastructure was among the targets attacked. Previously, the IDF said it had fired artillery in response to the launch of anti-tank missiles from Lebanon into the village of Dovev in northern Israel .
The Israeli military said several civilians were injured in an anti-tank missile attack near Dovev, about 800 meters from the border with Lebanon.
In addition, Israel's Iron Dome air defense system prevented two rockets from reaching the Rosh HaNikra area in the north. Hezbollah claimed responsibility and said the attack targeted an Israeli military logistics team about to set up communications towers and surveillance equipment.
Israeli military spokesman Daniel Hagari said that Hezbollah is a "guardian force of Hamas-IS" referring to Hamas in the Gaza Strip and the self-proclaimed Islamic State.
Hezbollah has a smaller arsenal than Hamas and has carried out relatively limited attacks, in a show of solidarity with the Palestinians.
"The IDF is focused on Gaza but we are in a very high state of readiness in the north. The Lebanese people will pay the price for this recklessness and Hezbollah's decision to become a force that protects Hamas-IS , The IDF said in a statement.
"The IDF has an action plan to change the security situation in the north. There will no longer be a situation where northerners do not feel secure when returning home," according to the IDF.
Hezbollah and Lebanon did not immediately comment on Israel's latest attack.
About 250,000 people in northern Israel have evacuated. Many people in southern Lebanon also evacuated to take refuge. United Nations Secretary-General Antonio Guterres said he had called on Iran to intervene and prevent Lebanon from being "completely engulfed" by the conflict.
Source: ThanhNien Newspaper

More news

Medanta Gurugram Becomes the Only Indian Private Hospital in Newsweek's Top 150 'World's Best Hospitals' List for the Sixth Consecutive Year

Gurugram (Haryana) [India], April 3: Medanta - The Medicity, Gurugram, operated by Global Health Limited (https://www.medanta.org/), has once again been ranked as India's best private hospital in Newsweek's prestigious 'World's Best Hospitals 2025' rankings, conducted in partnership with Statista Inc. Notably, Medanta remains the only private hospital from India to be featured among the world's top 250 medical institutions and has been ranked within the top 150 globally. This marks the sixth consecutive year of its inclusion, reinforcing its status as a global leader in healthcare excellence. This achievement further underscores Medanta's unwavering commitment to delivering world-class healthcare and maintaining the highest standards in patient care and medical innovation.

Apr 03, 2025